Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lunch with Lillie

Lillie generally takes her lunch to school.  On the second day of school, Lillie ate the school lunch and didn't get to drink her milk, because she expected a mom to open it.  (The kids are suppose to raise their hand and someone will come open it.)  I talked to mom that was at school on the first day and she said that Sophie and I could come and eat lunch with Lillie.  The school especially likes parents to come help with lunch during the first few weeks at school.  Yesterday, I packed Sophie a lunch to take to school.  When I told Sophie where we were going she grabbed her Dora backpack and Dora lunch bag.
Sophie was so excited to see Lillie in the middle of the day. Sophie ate lunch with the big kids and I helped the kids open their milks, fruit cups and bananas.  I think that we might go back to see Lillie next week.
Lillie is enjoying school.  She has made several friends, including some that are on both the bus and in her class.  She is a little cranky when she comes home, but she is still adjusting to her new schedule.  Sophie is enjoying this one on one time that she gets to spend with me.  And I love how I can get so much more done during the day, now that our schedule isn't as busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment