Sunday, September 12, 2010

Peas, birthday party invite and big sister sayings

Sophie had her first vegetable tonight. She had peas and rice. She liked them and had 1/3 of a jar. Right now I am holding her as I write this, because she has her first cold and she keeps waking up. For the past month, she has been schooting around in circles and backwards.
Lillie went to a friend's birthday party today. Gavin (the birthday boy) is in Lillie's preschool class. She had a lot of fun playing with the kids and all of the toys.
Lillie has gone 6 dry nights, so I think that she is night time potty-trained.
Her first day of preschool is Thursday and she can not wait. She really wants to go by herself, but the co-op preschool wants a parent there the first day. She already told me that she does not want to hold my hand.
She is becoming quite the cutie and full of surprises. We went shopping yesterday and she asked to buy a pair of sunglasses. I looked at them and noticed that they were only $2, so I said sure. (She only has 5+ pairs of sunglasses.) When I got home, I cut off the tags and handed them to her. I said, "here are your sunglasses." She replied, "I got those for Sophie."
Two weeks ago we went to the zoo, I packed snacks, drinks, sunscreen, jackets, diapers, and many more items, but I forgot Sophie's noon medicine. (It is OK for her to take it a few hours late, but I like to keep her on schedule.) When I discovered this, in the car at the zoo parking lot, I said out loud, "Sorry Sophie, I forgot your medicine." Lillie replied, "Sorry, doesn't make her tummy feel better."
Yesterday, a Michigan Groundhog wandered into our yard. The groundhogs here are more gray than brown. The one that came to our backyard was bigger than mow, our 14lb cat. She was definitely interested as she stood on her hind legs looking out the window at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment